Chicken and French Tarragon Summer Salad
Something a bit lighter for those warmer days – full of fresh summer greens that the kids will love. Use a rocket or mesclun mix if you prefer a spicier leafy green in your salad.
- 6 Frank’s Chicken and French Tarragon Sausages
- 1 small red onion, or ½ of a large red onion peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano or thyme
- 40 gm pitted olives
- 150 gm cherry tomatoes
- 1 little gem lettuce, torn
- ½ small cucumber - sliced
- 40 gm feta
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Put a splash of olive oil in a frying pan and set to a low to medium heat.
- Add the sausages and onions and cook for 10-12 minutes until the sausages are golden and the onion is cooked through.
- Add the oregano/thyme, olives and tomatoes. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the tomatoes begin to burst. Turn off heat. Season with freshly ground black pepper and set aside for a few minutes.
- Scatter the lettuce and cucumber between 2-3 plates. Top each with the sausage and tomato mixture, crumble over the feta, squeeze over a little lemon juice and serve.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread and butter.